Make yourself the ultimate pair of dungarees, just in time for summer! The workshop is open to all, regardless of previous sewing experience.
When: Saturday 11th May 2019 from 10am till 4pm & Sunday 12th May 2019 from 10am till 3pm, with one hour lunch each day.
What will be covered:
• How to trace a pattern and make small fit amendments where necessary
• Preparation and cutting of denim fabric
• A step by step construction guide including how to sew pockets
• Demonstrations of how to use domestic and overlocker sewing machines
• Top tips for getting a professional finish
What will be included:
• A dungaree pattern in a range of sizes from small to large
• Domestic and overlocker sewing machines
• Scissors, rulers, pins and needles
• A range of fabric and thread
• A step by step guide
What you need to bring:
• A notepad if you would like to jot down some notes
About the teacher:
Lydia Higginson is a costume designer and maker. She loves working with theatre and dance companies. Her collaborators include Sadler’s Wells, Bristol Old Vic, Tobacco Factory Theatres, Les Enfant Terribles and many more.
In 2016 she decided to give away all the clothes she had ever bought from shops and make her entire wardrobe from scratch.
She set up a blog called Made My Wardrobe to document the process. Since completing her wardrobe she has taught workshops all over the UK. Past workshops have focused on everything from bras to bomber jackets, dresses to dungarees. She is fiercely passionate that everybody can learn how to sew.
Please Note: Places are non-refundable so only book if you can attend.